The backbone of successful fire protection exists with not only the efforts and response of District Volunteers, but also with its relationships with cooperating districts and agencies. The District has entered into mutual aid agreements with local fire districts, as well as service agreements to provide prompt and coordinated response to fire and emergency incidents.
The District has strong mutual aid agreements with Sierra neighbors:
- Beckwourth Fire District ( https://www.beckwourthfire.com/)
- Sierra Valley Fire Department, Chilcoot ( https://www.facebook.com/SierraValleyFireDepartment/)
- Graeagle Fire Department ( https://www.facebook.com/graeaglefire/)
- Truckee Fire Protection District ( https://www.truckeefire.org/)
- Sierra Valley Fire Department, Vinton ( https://www.countyoffice.org/sierra-valley-fire-protection-district-chilcoot-vinton-ca-dfd/)
- Sierra City Fire Protection District ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/876167422470497)
Agreements for fire (structure protection) and emergency response are in place with:
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District
- City of Loyalton Fire Department
As the District is bounded by both the Tahoe and Toiyabe National Forests and includes the State Responsibility Area, state level agreements for response include the following agencies:
- Tahoe National Forest, Sierraville District
- CalFire and California Office of Emergency Services (OES)
Wildfire and fire prevention resources
Learn how to prepare yourself, harden your home and protect your space; connect with local Firewise communities. "The Firewise USA® Program (sponsored by the National Fire Protection Agency or "NFPA") provides resources to help homeowners learn how to increase the fire resistance of their homes and properties. Firewise communities raise awareness, organize at the community level, and take action to create fire-adapted communities."